About Janine Getler
Janine Getler is an impressive woman who has distinguished herself in her industry through her career with her knowledge, determination, and fortitude, Outside an impressive legal career, Janine is personally passionate about giving back to those around her and helping those who need it most.
Professionally, Janine Getler is an attorney living in New York and working as Principal at her firm, Getler, Gomes & Sutton, PC. She’s been here for nearly a decade where she’s able to marry together her dual passions for real estate and law together in her ideal career.
Janine Getler’s professional career began at Standard & Poor’s Corporation where she worked as a researcher in the municipal bond department for two years, before accepting a position as a Legal Assistant in the Compliance department for Merrill Lynch. After three years with Merrill Lynch — and while she was in pursuit of her Juris Doctor degree from the same college — Janine Getler worked as a research assistant to Professor Norman Poser at Brooklyn Law School.
After graduation, Janine Getler worked for several years as an Associate at Beattie Padovano before accepting a Senior Associate position at Price, Meese Shulman & D’Arminio, a land use and litigation firm in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey. From there, she took on the role of Counsel at Zucker, Goldber & Ackerman, a bankruptcy and litigation firm. She stayed with the firm for five years before she moved to HRH Construction LLC, a high rise construction management firm in Metropolitan New York. After three and a half years with HRH Construction LLC, she moved into her current role at Getler, Gomes & Sutton, PC where she’s been since.
For the latest updates on Janine Getler and her work in philanthropy, check out her blog!
- Habitat for Humanity of Bergen County Board Member, 2002-Present
- Janine Getler has been an active member of the Board of Directors for the Habitat for Humanity of Bergen County since 2002. Before joining the Board of Directors, Janine was an active volunteer and has provided pro bono counsel since 1994.
- Advisory Board for SB One Bank, 2017-Present
- Janine Getler joined the advisory board for SB One Bank in 2017, and has remained an active member since. The advisory board members help SB One Bank meet their financial goals without compromising their ability to maintain personal connections with customers.
- Rockland County Pride Center, 2017-Present
- In 2017, Janine Getler joined the Baord of Directors for the Rockland County Pride Center, which is dedicated to supporting the LGBTQ+ community by providing a wide range of services to ensure equitable resources and opportunities.
- The Pinwheel Project, 2006-2010
- Janine Getler served as the Vice President of The Pinwheel Project from 2006-2010. The Pinwheel Project is dedicated to helping children experience the best “quality of life” during their time in Palliative and Hospice Care.
Other philanthropic positions she’s held have included The Pinwheel Project, for which she served as Vice President from 2006 – 2010, the Altrusa International affiliate in Bergen County, NJ where she’s been a member since 2006, and the Hal Block Ramapo Soccer League, where she served as a member of the board from 1998 to 2006. Janine also served on the Montebello School Parent Teacher Association where she held the position of Vice President from 1998 – 1999 and President from 1999 – 2001.